Genealogical Society Gladstone District Inc has a bank of computers which feature BDMs, Cemetery Records, Shipping, Police and Government Gazettes to name a few.
We also have a SCANPRO 2000 film reader and computer equipment to view microfilm and microfiche at our library. Printouts can be made (30 cents per copy) or you can save to a thumb drive. The equipment was purchased using a generous grant from QGC (Queensland Gas Corporation).
Come and view it at our RESOURCE CENTRE:
Genealogical Society Gladstone District Inc.
George Young building, Ward Dve, Gladstone (Follow the Port Access Road and signs to the Maritime Museum) see map on ABOUT page.
Microfiche readers are available also to view microfiche records such as Births, Deaths and Marriages for most Australian states, convict records, Transmission by Death (Qld), some Hamburg shipping records, cemetery records, and many more.
MEMBERS may borrow up to 2 books and 4 journals for 2 weeks at no extra charge from our comprehensive Resource Library. (Books marked with a RED ‘R’ are Reference books for use only in our library. They cannot be borrowed.)
LDS Affiliate (see separate page for details)
- Indexes of Births, Deaths and Marriages for all States of Aust on Computer or Microfiche
- Queensland and NSW Government and Police Gazettes on Computer
- Convict records on Computer and Microfiche
- World War 1 AIF Nominal Rolls
- Cemetery records (local, Queensland, and Australia) on Computer, Fiche, and in book form
- Expanding list of overseas records
- A comprehensive library of books to assist members with research
- Exchange Journals, magazines and newsletters from Australia and overseas
- Immigration and shipping records
- Helpful advice from members and Library Monitors.
- Regular workshops—Beginners Course, Irish, Convicts, Military, Census, Family Search, Ancestry, etc.
- UK Census records for various counties
- Family Search- IGI and Ancestral Search
- National Burial Index for England & Wales.
- Griffiths Valuation Index- Irish Land Records
- and many more …